What you need for the cake:
2 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree2 eggs
1-1/3 cups white sugar
1 cup applesauce
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 Cups all purpose flour
2 packages sugar free vanilla pudding
4 teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 3 8'' round cake pans with cooking spray and one bowl that will give a dome shape with spray as well. I only baked 2 at a time.
- Mix pumpkin puree, egg, sugar, EVOO, applesauce, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Mix flour, pudding mix, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture; stir to combine. Divide the batter evenly between all 4 pans
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 to 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the frosting:
2 cups Crisco Shortening
8 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 teaspoons clear vanilla extra t
6 oz of heavy whipping cream
- Cream shortening until fluffy. Add confectioner's sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional whipping cream if necessary (up to 2 ounces). Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
- I added purple coloring from Wilton for this cake. Laci loves purple!
To put together the cake:
After cooling completely, I baked the night before, take the 3 8'' cakes and cut a small amount of the top off to smooth the cake. Then cut a hole in the center using a round cookie cutter. Mine was about 1.5 inches.
Add the second layer. Be sure the cut side is down and the smooth side is on top.
Then for the third layer. Repeat with the cut side down, then frost.
Then cut just a bit off the smaller cake that was in the bowl and turn it upside down as well.
Frost all around it.
Take parchment paper and smooth the sides. Then freeze for at least 45 minutes to harden the frosting a bit. Once out of the freezer add another layer of frosting. I swirled the dress to make it beautiful
I swirled the dress to make it beautiful. Then I wrapped Barbie in plastic wrap to keep her clean then added Barbie. Filled in the area around her to make sure her dress was snug. Then filled a decorator bag and made stars for her top and added a few sprinkles for design.
My birthday girl loved her cake!